Why Work for Avery UK
Avery is the world-leader for software-driven digital printing solutions helping millions of people and small businesses get better organised in everyday life.
Stan Avery sparked our love for labels, providing the world’s first self-adhesive label that could be removed without leaving a mark. Back then, you could have any label you wanted, as long as it was white, and paper! Fast forward 80 odd years and we provide more than 1,000 products for every labelling dilemma. Who knew there was so much innovation in labelling? We did. That’s who.
Avery Adhesives, a partnership of Stan and Dorothy Avery, became Avery Adhesives Label Corporation with three types of business; Resale, Industrial and Converting.
Avery signed a licence agreement with William Sessions in the UK.
The first UK manufacturing operation was opened in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow in Scotland selling a range of price-marking, copier, computer and industrial labels.
Maidenhead manufacturing plant was opened producing price-marking labels and hand applicators, copier and computer labels.
The UK business is split into two with Cumbernauld producing industrial labels, the copier and computer labels based in Maidenhead, leading eventually to two totally separate divisions; Business Systems and Office Labels which is when Avery Laser Labels were launched.
Avery Dennison formed a joint venture with Zweckform Buro-Produkte. Zweckform were the market leaders in Germany for form books and labels.
Avery Office Products division was acquired by CCL Industries. CCL is the largest label company in the world.
Avery WePrint, the first online print portal from Avery was launched.
We are Avery and… this are our core values
Why do we like working at Avery?
- We know that change is our constant and we embrace it
- Change will create new opportunities for us
- We stay ahead of the game, and keep moving forward as we operate in a rapidly changing world
- We re-shape ourselves to be successful and stay successful
- We act with courage and determination to succeed
- We take bold decisions to achieve Avery’s strategic goals
- We take ourselves out of our comfort zones
- We challenge the status quo and speak up
- We care about Avery and about each other
- We take pride and care in everything that we do
- We take pride in building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports & celebrates the diverse voices of our Avery family
- When I go home, I can say that I did everything to ensure that my work was excellent
- We take responsibility for getting the information we need
- We all own our own development
- We continuously feed our mind and keep moving forward
- Being interested in every aspect of the Avery business will enable us to grow in our roles, prepare us for progression, and prompt innovative thinking
- When I’m faced with challenges, I come up with solutions
- When I start a new task/project, I take full responsibility for it
- We are ALL Avery and we are passionate about getting the job done – right!
- I take responsibility! I never assume that someone else will take care of it